Kimberly Wilson White is the founder and managing shareholder of Wilson Law, P.A. She represents individuals who have suffered catastrophic personal injuries as a result of car accidents, medical malpractice, defective products, unsafe business premises, or use of dangerous drugs or medical devices. Ms. White has actively litigated cases involving dozens of mass torts coordinated in multidistrict litigation (MDL) in federal and state courts throughout the country.
Kim’s mission is to provide her clients with the highest quality legal representation in a compassionate, caring, and respectful manner. Her clients know from day one that she is their voice when they are seeking fair treatment, recognition and compensation for injuries caused by negligent corporations, pharmaceutical companies, health care providers or drivers . Kim understands that the only thing that makes a regular citizen equal to a powerful company is the justice system.
Kim was appointed by the Honorable Joseph R. Goodwin, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia, to the consolidated MDL Plaintiff’s Steering Committee involving Pelvic Repair Systems Product Liability Litigation against manufacturers of transvaginal mesh products. She has been interviewed by CBS Nightly News with Dan Rather, The Wall Street Journal, Ladies’ Home Journal, and many local television stations regarding her representation of plaintiffs injured by dangerous drugs and defective medical devices.
Kim is a member of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) and North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ). As a member of these organizations, she has spent a great deal of time helping to ensure that North Carolina residents can access the courts when injured by the negligence of pharmaceutical companies. Kim was recently elected by her colleagues to the NCAJ Board of Governors for a three year term; and, she also serves as a Trustee for the NCAJ Political Action Committee. Kim has an “AV Preeminent Rating” from Martindale-Hubbell and is a member of the * Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum (Disclaimer: Membership to these forums should not create an expectation that million dollar or multi-million dollar results are achieved in every case for every client). This means that Kim has obtained settlement amounts in excess of $2 million for individual clients.
Kim grew up in southern West Virginia as one of nine children. Her father was a coal miner for 33 years and an active member in the United Mine Workers of America. Although her mother was a stay-at-home housewife, she was at all times in charge of running the household including managing the finances. Both of her parents placed a high value upon education and insisted that their children go to college. Today, all of her siblings are professionals in health care, pharmaceutical industry, education or law. Kim received her undergraduate (1991) and law (1995) degrees from West Virginia University and a Master of Public Health (M.P.H) from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2011. Kim has one daughter who graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and will attend University of Virginia School of Law in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Outside of practicing law, Kim enjoys spending as much time as possible with her husband, daughter, other family members and close friends. She enjoys cooking, mountain hiking, camping, fishing, traveling abroad and a lot of time at the beach. Kim has seen the Rolling Stones live in concert during four different decades and on two different continents.
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia
Doctor of Jurisprudence, J.D. – 1995
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia
Bachelor of Arts – 1991
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Master of Public Health, M.P.H. – 2011
- West Virginia, 1995
- North Carolina, 2001
Awards or Honored Affiliations
- Board of Governors, NCAJ
- Trustee, NCAJ Political Action Committee
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star, 2009
- Super Lawyers - Class Actions and Mass Torts 2017
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum *
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum *
* Disclaimer: Membership to these forums should not create an expectation that million dollar or multi-million dollar results are achieved in every case for every client.
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Member
- North Carolina State Bar, Member
- West Virginia State Bar, Member
- Wake County Bar Association, Member
Community and Pro Bono
- Member, Pullen Memorial Baptist Church
- Member, YMCA
- Women’s Law Caucus Lobbying , AAJ, 2008 – Present
Publications and Presentations
- Expert Testimony: The Challenging Landscape in North Carolina
Preparing Your Own Expert Under New Rule 702, November 2012, NCAJ
- Just Say No to Legal Immunity for Drug Manufacturers, North Carolina Trial Briefs, April, 2012
- Mycotoxins: Ingestion, Inhalation & Injury, Mealeys, June, 2003
- Mealeys Mold Conference, 2002
- Litigation at Sunrise, AAJ – Summer, 2004
- Personal Injury
- Catastrophic Injury
- Automobile Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Dangerous Drugs & Medical Devices
- Premises Liability
- Oil and Gas Leasing
Please contact Wilson Law, P.A. using the form below or call (855) 525-4829 today to schedule your free personal injury consultation. Kimberly Wilson White serves clients in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and all areas of North Carolina.