Kimberly R. Wilson is the Founder and Lead Counsel of Wilson Law, P.A. She represents individuals who have been severely injured by dangerous prescription drugs, medical devices and negligent health care providers. She also represents individuals catastrophically injured in motor vehicle accidents, on business and residential premises, or by defective products. She is one of North Carolina’s very few female lead mass torts and personal injury lawyers. In addition, Kim handles corporate litigation matters for a few select businesses in the South.
Kim’s mission is to provide her clients with the highest-quality legal representation in a compassionate, caring, and respectful manner. Her clients know from day one that she is their voice when they are seeking fair treatment, recognition and compensation for injuries caused by negligent corporations, pharmaceutical companies, and health care providers. Kim understands that the only thing that makes a regular citizen equal to a powerful company is the justice system.
Kim was recently appointed by the Honorable Joseph R. Goodwin, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia, to the consolidated MDL Plaintiff’s Steering Committee involving Pelvic Repair Systems Product Liability Litigation against manufacturers of transvaginal mesh products. She has been interviewed by CBS Nightly News with Dan Rather, The Wall Street Journal, Ladies’ Home Journal, and many local television stations regarding her representation of plaintiffs injured by dangerous and defective medical devices and drugs.
Kimberly is a member of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) and North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ). She is also a contract lobbyist for the NCAJ. In this position Kim has spent a great deal of time helping to ensure that North Carolina residents can access the courts when injured by the negligence of pharmaceutical companies. Kim has an “AV Preeminent Rating” from Martindale-Hubbell.
Kim grew up in southern West Virginia as one of nine children. Her father was a coal miner for 33 years and an active member in the United Mine Workers of America. Although Kim’s mother was a stay-at-home housewife, she was at all times in charge of running the household including managing the finances. Both of her parents placed a high value upon education and insisted that their children go to college; today, all of her siblings are professionals in health care, pharmaceutical industry, education or law. Kim received her undergraduate (1991) and law (1995) degrees from West Virginia University and a Master’s in Public Health from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2011. Kim has one daughter who attends the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
In her spare time, Kim enjoys going to rock concerts, seeing movies, traveling with her daughter and spending time with family and friends. She has seen the Rolling Stones live in concert in four different decades and on two different continents.
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, J.D. - 1995
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia
- Bachelor of Arts - 1991
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Master of Public Health, M.P.H. - 2011
- West Virginia, 1995
- North Carolina, 2001
- Super Lawyer - North Carolina Rising Star
- North Carolina Rising Star by her Peers
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Member
- North Carolina State Bar, Member
- West Virginia State Bar, Member
- Wake County Bar Association, Member
Community and Pro Bono
- Women's Law Caucus Lobbying , AAJ, 2008 - Present
Publications and Presentations
- Just Say No to Legal Immunity for Drug Manufacturers, North Carolina Trial Briefs, April, 2012
- Mycotoxins: Ingestion, Inhalation & Injury, Mealeys, June, 2003
- Mealeys Mold Conference, 2002
- Litigation at Sunrise, AAJ - Summer, 2004
Kim WilsonManaging Shareholder
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (919) 890-0181
- Mobile: (919) 523-9675
- Toll Free: 1-877-571-4047
- Fax: (919) 882-1758
Mailing AddressP.O. Box 10389
Raleigh, NC 27605
Office Address1111 Haynes St., Suite 103
Raleigh, NC 27604