Kimberly Wilson White
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicular Accidents
- Dangerous Drugs
- Defective Medical Devices
- Vaccine Injury
- Products Liability
- Mediation and Settlement Consulting
Attorney Kimberly Wilson White is the Managing Shareholder and founder of Wilson Law, P.A. She is an experienced civil litigator and trial attorney having appeared in state and federal courts throughout the United States in complex litigation cases often involving persons who have sustained catastrophic personal injuries caused by a dangerous drug or defective medical device. Additionally, Ms. White is knowledgeable about multi-district litigation (MDL) having litigated and resolved hundreds of mass tort cases in multidistrict litigation (MDLs) in the following states: West Virginia; Louisiana; California; New Jersey; Ohio; Pennsylvania; and, Illinois
Kim was appointed to the consolidated MDL Plaintiff’s Steering Committee involving Pelvic Repair Systems Product Liability Litigation by the Honorable Joseph R. Goodwin, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia. This multidistrict litigation involves lawsuits against manufacturers of dangerous transvaginal mesh devices implanted in women for pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence. Kim has represented women injured by these products since 2011.
Kim has been featured in interviews by The Wall Street Journal, CBS Nightly News with Dan Rather, the Ladies’ Home Journal, and numerous other local television shows for representing plaintiffs hurt by defective medical devices and dangerous drugs.
Kim grew up in southern West Virginia as one of nine children. Her father was a coal miner for 33 years and an active member in the United Mine Workers of America. Although her mother was a stay-at-home housewife, she was always in charge of running the household including managing the finances. Both of her parents placed a high value upon education and insisted that their children go to college. Today, all of her siblings are professionals in health care, pharmaceutical industry, education or law. Kim received her undergraduate (1991) and law (1995) degrees from West Virginia University and a Master of Public Health (M.P.H) from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2011. Kim has one daughter who graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and attends University of Virginia School of Law in Charlottesville, Virginia.
West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia
Doctor of Jurisprudence, J.D. – 1995
West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia
Bachelor of Arts – 1991
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Master of Public Health, M.P.H. – 2011
- Board of Governors, NCAJ
- Ethics Chair, NCAJ Professional Negligence Section, 2018-2019
- Trustee, NCAJ Political Action Committee
- NCAJ, Nominating Committee 2019-2020
- Super Lawyers - Class Actions and Mass Torts 2018
- Super Lawyers - Class Actions and Mass Torts 2017
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star, 2009
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum *
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum *
* Disclaimer: Membership to these forums should not create an expectation that million dollar or multi-million dollar results are achieved in every case for every client.
JURISDICTIONS ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- West Virginia, 1995
- North Carolina, 2001
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Vaccine Injured Petitioners Bar Association
- West Virginia State Bar
- Certified Mediator, North Carolina Superior Court
- Certified Mediator, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
Outside of practicing law, Kim enjoys spending as much time as possible with her husband, daughter, other family members and close friends. She enjoys cooking, mountain hiking, camping, fishing, traveling abroad and a lot of time at the beach. Kim has seen the Rolling Stones live in concert during four different decades and on two different continents
- Member, Coordinating Council, Pullen Memorial Baptist Church, 2018 -
- Member, YMCA
After all was said and done, Kim did the amazing and negotiated a settlement that went WAY beyond expectations!!!
I am so fortunate to have Kim as my attorney in my mesh case
Kimberly White is passionate about her commitment to helping people and sincerity is just natural for her.
I feel certain I never would have received compensation without the legal representation from Wilson Law.
Kimberly White's knowledge of the legal process gave me more confidence as I went forward with my lawsuit.
They kept me informed and explained everything in a way that was easy to understand. I felt very confident with them on my side.