Kimberly Wilson White
- Personal Injury
- Automobile Accidents
- Vaccine Injury
- Defective Medical Devices
- Dangerous Drugs
- Medical Malpractice & Hospital Negligence
- Premises Liability
Attorney Kimberly Wilson White is the Managing Shareholder and founder of Wilson Law, P.A. She is dedicated to representing individuals who have suffered catastrophic injuries due to negligent drivers, physician and hospitals; dangerous drugs and defective medical devices; or, premises liability. Additionally, Ms. White has litigated hundreds of mass tort cases in multidistrict litigation (MDLs) at both the state and federal level throughout the United States.
Kim strives to provide all clients with a high standard of legal representation, taking the time to listen to her clients and thoroughly understand the facts of each individual case. She treats her clients with the care and respect they deserve while providing an aggressive litigation strategy against large companies, including pharmaceutical manufacturers, corporations, trucking companies, and hospitals and healthcare providers. Kim uses her knowledge and experience to help regular citizens receive the compensation they deserve for their injuries.
Kim was appointed to the consolidated MDL Plaintiff’s Steering Committee involving Pelvic Repair Systems Product Liability Litigation by the Honorable Joseph R. Goodwin, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia. This multidistrict litigation involves lawsuits against manufacturers of dangerous transvaginal mesh devices implanted in women for pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence. Kim has represented women injured by these products since 2011.
For this, and more, she has been featured in interviews by The Wall Street Journal, CBS Nightly News with Dan Rather, the Ladies’ Home Journal, and numerous other local television shows for representing plaintiffs hurt by defective medical devices and dangerous drugs.
Kim grew up in southern West Virginia as one of nine children. Her father was a coal miner for 33 years and an active member in the United Mine Workers of America. Although her mother was a stay-at-home housewife, she was always in charge of running the household including managing the finances. Both of her parents placed a high value upon education and insisted that their children go to college. Today, all of her siblings are professionals in health care, pharmaceutical industry, education or law. Kim received her undergraduate (1991) and law (1995) degrees from West Virginia University and a Master of Public Health (M.P.H) from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2011. Kim has one daughter who graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and attends University of Virginia School of Law in Charlottesville, Virginia.
West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia
Doctor of Jurisprudence, J.D. – 1995
West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia
Bachelor of Arts – 1991
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Master of Public Health, M.P.H. – 2011
- Board of Governors, NCAJ
- Trustee, NCAJ Political Action Committee
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star, 2009
- Super Lawyers - Class Actions and Mass Torts 2017
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum *
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum *
* Disclaimer: Membership to these forums should not create an expectation that million dollar or multi-million dollar results are achieved in every case for every client.
- West Virginia, 1995
- North Carolina, 2001
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Member
- North Carolina State Bar, Member
- West Virginia State Bar, Member
- Wake County Bar Association, Member
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Member of the Vaccine Injured Petitioners Bar Association
Kim is a member of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) and North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ). As a member of these organizations, she has spent a great deal of time helping to ensure that North Carolina residents can access the courts when injured by the negligence of pharmaceutical companies. Kim was recently elected by her colleagues to the NCAJ Board of Governors for a three year term; and, she also serves as a Trustee for the NCAJ Political Action Committee. Kim has an “AV Preeminent Rating” from Martindale-Hubbell and is a member of the * Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum (Disclaimer: Membership to these forums should not create an expectation that million dollar or multi-million dollar results are achieved in every case for every client). This means that Kim has obtained settlement amounts in excess of $2 million for individual clients.
Outside of practicing law, Kim enjoys spending as much time as possible with her husband, daughter, other family members and close friends. She enjoys cooking, mountain hiking, camping, fishing, traveling abroad and a lot of time at the beach. Kim has seen the Rolling Stones live in concert during four different decades and on two different continents.
- Favorite Musical Artist: Blake Shelton and The Rolling Stones
- Favorite Book: To Kill a Mockingbird
- Favorite NC event: World of Bluegrass Festival
- Favorite Sports Team: University of North Carolina Tarheels & West Virginia University Mountaineers
- Favorite Seasonal NC crop: Strawberries
- Member, Coordinating Council, Pullen Memorial Baptist Church, 2018 -
- Member, YMCA
- Women’s Law Caucus Lobbying , AAJ, 2008 – Present