Preparing Your Free Estate Planning Consultation
At Wilson Law, P.A., we know the importance of estate planning. Your Will , Trust and Powers of Attorney are some of the most important documents will create in your lifetime. This is why your initial consultation is free. As a prospective client, we want you to make the most of your first meeting with us. Here are a few tips to make the most of your free estate planning consultation:
● Once we schedule your consultation, we will send you an intake form based on your particular needs. It is beneficial to fill out this form completely and send it to us a few days ahead of time so our experienced attorneys can review it and develop a potential plan tailored to your needs. This way we can focus on the details during your consultation.
● Bring all existing estate planning documents with you. This includes your Will, Power of Attorney, and Trusts. It is important to review these documents so we can help you develop a new estate plan or change an existing one.
● Be prepared to discuss your short and long-term goals so our attorneys can give you options to achieve them. For example, if you are creating a trust, are you focused on planning for nursing home care or are you simply attempting to avoid probate?
Questions to Ask Your Estate Planning Attorney
● Which estate taxes am I subject to in this state?
● What type of estate planning documents do I need?
● How much would my spouse and children inherit if I died today?
● What type of Will is best for me?
● What type of Trust is best for me?
● Does my Will need to be updated?
● How do I make this process as smooth as possible for my loved ones when I am gone?
● How can I avoid inheritance disputes upon my death?
Questions to Ask Yourself Beforehand
● Who do I want to inherit my property and assets after I die?
● Who would I want to take care of my children if I die before they reach adulthood?
● What are all of my assets and what do I plan to do with them over the years?
● Who do I trust enough to be the Executor of my Will?
● Are there any special provisions that I want included in my Will?
We look forward to assisting you through the important and personal process of estate planning, Whether you are considering creating a Will, Trust, Power of Attorney or simply making updates to your current plan, the experienced estate planning attorneys at Wilson Law, P.A. are here to help. Contact us for a FREE consultation today.