Vaccinations have allowed medical professionals to treat and prevent many diseases, and even eliminate diseases like polio, smallpox, and measles in much of the world. However, they are not without their risks, including the risks of vaccine injuries and adverse reactions suffered by inoculated patients. Because these risks are well-known, injured victims may have the right to pursue financial compensation for their damages through the federal National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program administered in the United States Court of Federal Claims.
At Wilson Law, P.A., our North Carolina personal injury attorneys are passionate about protecting the rights of injured victims and families, including those who suffer vaccine-related injuries. Our legal team has the necessary experience and resources to handle these type cases which often require working with medical doctors, life care planners and other experts. In addition to a law degree, Kimberly Wilson White earned a Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and has a special interest in matters affecting public health such as vaccine therapy. Additionally, the legal team at Wilson Law, P.A. also has the necessary legal experience to represent injured victims and advocate for their rights within this federal system.
Why Choose Wilson Law, P.A.?
- Managing Shareholder, Kimberly Wilson White, is a Member of the Vaccine Injured Petitioners Bar Association and admitted to the United States Court of Federal Claims
Decades of Legal Experience Representing Individuals Injured Due to:
- Medical Malpractice
- Dangerous Drugs and Pharmaceuticals
- Defective Medical Devices
- Millions of Dollars in Compensation Recovered*
- Kimberly Wilson White was appointed by the Federal United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia to the Multidistrict Litigation Plaintiff’s Steering Committee- Pelvic Repair Systems Products Liability Litigation
- Over 20 Years Serving North Carolina, West Virginia and injured victims nationwide in Federal and State Courts
- We Emphasize Personalized Service
Discuss a vaccine-related injury and your rights during a FREE consultation. Call (919) 800-0919 or contact us online to speak with a member of our team.
Vaccine Injuries: What You Need to Know
Vaccines are intended to protect individuals and the public by preventing disease. However, it is not uncommon for individuals to suffer injuries, adverse reactions or illnesses as a result of receiving a vaccine. The federal government’s response to health concerns involving vaccines is rooted in the passage of National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act (NCVIA) of 1986, which established research, regulatory, and reporting systems for vaccinations in the U.S. It also created the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (NVICP) to compensate individuals injured by vaccines on a no-fault basis.
National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program is the foundation of a vaccine injury case. The NVICP is a compensation system that operates independently from other civil courts to handle claims involving vaccine injuries. Here are a few important facts about the program:
- A No-Fault Compensation Program – Under the NVICP, vaccine injury cases are handled in Vaccine Court, a division of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims. Unlike typical civil lawsuits, such as personal injury lawsuits, Vaccine Court focuses on providing benefits to individuals injured by vaccines rather than proving liability of a negligent party. Petitioners who bring claims often do not have to testify. The claim is usually proven through medical records; expert reports; and, written evidence submitted by the Petitioner or his or her lawyer.
- Trust Fund – Traditional civil lawsuits involve claimants who seek compensation from the party responsible for causing their damages (such as a negligent driver in an auto accident case). In vaccine injury cases handled through the NVICP, compensation is instead provided through the Vaccine Injury Compensation Trust Fund, which is funded by taxes paid by vaccine manufacturers. Petitioners who file claims in Vaccine Court can recover compensation for damages such as past and future medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Attorney’s Fees – While personal injury lawyers typically collect a percentage of the final recovery made in an injury case, the NVICP pays attorney’s fees from the trust fund separately from payments to injured victims. This means petitioners keep all of the compensation awarded to them in their cases and do not pay costs associated with their claims.
Do I Have a Vaccine Injury Case?
You may have a potential vaccine injury case if you have suffered an injury, illness or adverse reaction to a vaccination covered by the NVICP. Covered vaccines may include, among others:
- Flu Shots (Seasonal Influenza)
- DTaP, P, DTP-Hib, DTP, DT, Td or TT (tetanus toxoid)
- MMR, MM or MMRV (measles, mumps and rubella)
- OPV, IPV (Polio)
- Hepatitis A vaccines
- Hepatitis B vaccines
- Varicella vaccines
- Pneumococcal conjugate vaccines
- Tetanus Shots
- Meningococcal vaccines
- Rotavirus vaccines
Patients who receive these or other NVICP-covered vaccines may have a valid claim for compensation if those vaccinations resulted in adverse reactions, which can include a number of injuries, disabilities, illnesses, and side effects. Because the NVICP outlines a number of covered injuries and conditions in its Vaccine Injury Table, our firm can personally review your situation to determine if you have a case.
*Disclaimer: Each case is unique and must be evaluated on individual merits. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. This figure was last updated on January 3, 2018.
Wilson Law, P.A. After all was said and done, Kim did the amazing and negotiated a settlement that went WAY beyond expectations!!!
Wilson Law, P.A. I am so fortunate to have Kim as my attorney in my mesh case
Wilson Law, P.A. Kimberly White is passionate about her commitment to helping people and sincerity is just natural for her.
Wilson Law, P.A. I feel certain I never would have received compensation without the legal representation from Wilson Law.
Wilson Law, P.A. Kimberly White's knowledge of the legal process gave me more confidence as I went forward with my lawsuit.
Wilson Law, P.A. They kept me informed and explained everything in a way that was easy to understand. I felt very confident with them on my side.
Wilson Law P.A Testimonial for ...
Wilson Law P.A receives a nice client testimonial for their incredible service and ...Play Video
Wilson Law P.A Client ...
Wilson Law's client highly recommends them for their awesome legal help towards his ...Play Video
Hunter's Testimonial for ...
Wilson Law's delivered excellent service, expertise, and personal attention to their ...Play Video