Personal injury affects many aspects of your life including your ability to work, your lifestyle and even your relationships. At Wilson Law, P.A., we want to make filing your claim as easy as possible, which is why your initial consultation is free. Here are a few tips to get the most out of your first meeting with us:
● Bring the following documents: health insurance cards, police report, photographs of accident or injuries, any medical records or bills plus any other documents pertaining to the incident.
● Make a list of the witnesses and their contact information.
● Advise the attorney of any oral or written statements you have given to anyone including the police or insurance adjusters.
● Make a list of all of the doctor’s names that have been involved in your treatment.
● Be prepared to discuss your medical history.
● Be prepared to tell your attorney exactly what happened.
● If it’s a case involving a minor child, both parents should be present for the initial consultation if possible.
Questions to Ask Your Personal Injury Attorney
The free consultation is not only an opportunity for our personal injury attorneys to review your case, it also gives you a chance to interview us. Feel free to ask the attorney questions such as:
● Do I have a valid case?
● Have you handled cases like mine before? How many?
● Who else will be involved in my case?
● Have you tried cases similar to mine?
● Is there a statute of limitations on a case like mine?
● What out of pocket expenses do you anticipate?
● What decisions will I be able to make regarding my case?
● Which is more likely, a settlement or a trial?
● If my claim is successful, can you give me an estimate of how much compensation I can reasonable expect?
● Do you foresee any problems with my case?
● How long will it take to reach a settlement?
Please note that the consultation is privileged regardless of whether the attorney accepts the case. This means that the attorney can never divulge what was discussed during the consultation. During the consultation, the attorney will go over the Contract of Representation with you to be sure all obligations by all the parties are understood prior to moving forward.
Choosing a personal injury attorney to represent you is an important decision. The attorneys at Wilson Law, P.A. welcome an opportunity to meet with you and answer any questions you have about your prospective claim and the legal process. Call us toll free at (919) 800-0919 and schedule your free consultation today. At Wilson Law, P.A., “We’re Standing Up To Them. Standing Up For You.”