Xarelto Injury Lawyer in Raleigh
Representing the Injured in Raleigh, Durham & Chapel Hill, North Carolina
The Raleigh dangerous drugs attorneys at Wilson Law, P.A. are currently reviewing claims on behalf of individuals who suffered serious bleeding injuries as a result of taking Xarelto. According to the FDA’s Medwatch reports, there have been over 2,000 injuries and deaths associated with Xarelto nationwide. At Wilson Law, P.A., we’re committed to standing up to negligent pharmaceutical companies who have placed profits over patient safety, and we’ll fight aggressively to help you recover compensation for your damages.
You can learn about your rights and options by speaking with Kimberly Wilson White in person. Please call (919) 800-0919 today to schedule your free Xarelto consultation with our Raleigh personal injury lawyer.
Dangerous Health Issues Associated with Xarelto
Xarelto is an anticoagulant (blood thinner) drug that was approved by the FDA in 2011 to prevent blood clots and reduce the risk of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolisms in patients receiving hip or knee replacements. In addition, Xarelto can be used to treat nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.
Since its approval, Xarelto has been linked to very serious bleeding injuries, many of which have been life-threatening or fatal. Unlike other common blood thinners such as warfarin whose effects can be reversed by consuming vitamin K, there is no way to stop the bleeding caused by Xarelto.
Serious injuries associated with the use of Xarelto include:
- Cerebral hemorrhaging
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Internal bleeding
- Pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lungs)
Currently, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Bayer are facing numerous Xarelto lawsuits nationwide from victims who have suffered serious bleeding injuries and the families of individuals whose Xarelto bleeding injuries resulted in wrongful death.
The plaintiffs in these Xarelto lawsuits have claimed that:
- The pharmaceutical manufacturer failed to warn patients about the potentially life-threatening bleeding injuries associated with Xarelto
- Doctors weren’t informed that there’s no way to reverse the effects of Xarelto and stop the bleeding
- Xarelto was marketed as being a superior blood thinner to competitors such as warfarin, despite the fact that the manufacturer knew the drug resulted in higher rates of gastrointestinal bleeds than other anticoagulants
- Xarelto has been marketed as safe and effective in spite of the knowledge that patients are at risk of seriously fatal bleeding injuries
- The misleading marketing regarding the safety of Xarelto prompted many physicians to erroneously prescribe Xarelto over safer alternatives such as warfarin
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your Xarelto injury, you may be entitled to recover compensation for current and future medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and funeral expenses (in cases of wrongful death), among others.
Our Raleigh Dangerous Drug Attorneys Can Help
Kimberly Wilson White is a Raleigh pharmaceutical injury lawyer with more than 20 years of experience handling these complex cases. She has successfully litigated on against the pharmaceutical industry on many occasions, and has led several presentations for the North Carolina General Assembly on the drug approval process. In addition, she has earned a Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) from UNC Chapel Hill. This varied background and experience provides her with extensive knowledge in the area of dangerous drug litigation.
Please contact Wilson Law, P.A. at (919) 800-0919. We offer free initial injury consultations for clients in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill to help you get started.