Raleigh Hospital Negligence
Experienced Lawyers Focused on Helping Injured Victims of Hospital Negligence Receive the Compensation They Deserve
Are you wondering if you can sue the hospital for negligence if you were injured while receiving medical treatment in the emergency room or during a surgery? Are hospitals responsible for negligent actions taken by its employee physicians and nurses? If you've got questions, Wilson Law, P.A. has answers. Kimberly Wilson White has successfully litigated hospital negligence cases for over two decades on behalf of injured victims. The legal team at Wilson Law, P.A. is experienced and knowledgeable in establishing liability against the hospital and proving damages on behalf of injured victims.
According to the Journal of Patient Safety, approximately 400,000 individuals die every year as a result of hospital errors. These errors are caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Insufficient training of hospital staff
- Negligent supervision of nurses or residents
- Unreasonably long shift hours which increase the risk of fatigue
- Negligent maintenance of equipment.
If you've been injured as a result of hospital negligence, call (919) 800-0919 to receive help from Raleigh personal injury attorneys at Wilson Law, P.A. We will fight aggressively to hold all negligent parties accountable.
Emergency Room Errors
Emergency rooms are chaotic, fast-paced, unpredictable and highly stressful environments. As a result, emergency room staff must frequently think quickly, act decisively and maintain a clear head under high-pressure circumstances.
Common errors made in emergency rooms which may constitute medical malpractice include:
- Failure to order the right tests
- Failure to properly diagnose a condition
- Misinterpreting the results of x-rays or diagnostic tests
- Inappropriate discharge without proper physician consultation
There are always inherent risks associated with surgical procedures. Even when procedures are performed properly, it is still possible for complications to occur. But when a medical professional provides negligent care during a surgical procedure, the consequences can be disastrous.
Common examples of surgical errors include:
- Leaving a surgical instrument inside the patient
- Operating on the wrong area of the body (wrong-site surgery)
- Using surgical equipment that wasn't properly sterilized
- Anesthesia errors
- Failure to anticipate foreseeable complications
- Negligent creation of incisions, resulting in injury
- Negligent post-operative care, resulting in infection or other complications
- Performing surgery outside the physician’s credentials
- Committing an error in surgical technique
If you've suffered an injury caused by a surgical error, you may be entitled to recover compensation in a medical malpractice lawsuit. Contact Wilson Law, P.A. for a free consultation about investigating your prospective case.
When you receive medical treatment in a hospital, the team of nurses will be responsible for a significant portion of your treatment. Often, you will have more interaction with nurses than with the doctor who treats your condition. When nurses act negligently or make an error, it can often result in serious injury to the patient.
There are many reasons why nurses may provide substandard care, including:
- Inadequate training or education
- Fatigue brought on by working excessively long shifts
- Failure of a hospital to properly vet nursing candidates before hiring them
If you are injured due to a negligent error made by a nurse, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your damages. Call Wilson Law, P.A. for a free consultation about your prospective case.
Get Quality Help With Your Hospital Negligence Case
At Wilson Law, P.A., we have handled a wide range of hospital, emergency room, surgical, and nursing error cases that will help you make the best decision for your case. We will pursue all potential options available to you through our legal system in order to help you maximize the value of your compensation. The attorneys at Wilson Law, P.A. will fight aggressively to protect your rights every step of the way.
Call your reliable Raleigh hospital negligence lawyers at Wilson Law, P.A. at (919) 800-0919 to speak with an experienced member of our team about your hospital negligence case.